We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Turning Point Therapeutics as a Sr. Project Accountant. The Sr. Project Accountant is responsible for performing monthly accounting and reporting activities, including various account analyses and reconciliations, assisting in the preparation of financial reports, assisting with technical accounting research, and facilitating the coordination of the year-end audit with the external auditors.
- General ledger close responsibilities, including journal entry and reconciliation preparation.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of external audit requests. Serves as key liaison for audit inquiries between the Company’s external auditors and internal support providers on the year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
- Assists with the preparation of support documentation of financial statements and related disclosures for SEC reporting purposes.
- Assists the Controller and Senior Accounting Manager with the coordination and management of all SOX work, including the drafting of SOX documentation for an emerging growth company that recently closed its initial public offering.
- Assists with accounting, budgeting and forecasting work in the computation, recording, reconciling and reporting for stock-based compensation (including options and ESPP)Coordinates and completes analytical review over balance sheet accounts on a quarterly basis including: communicating review deadlines to responsible parties, analyzing results by comparing to prior year, budget and forecast; interpreting results for reasonableness; and following up as needed for additional information to fill in documentation gaps if applicable.
- Provides support in performing accounting analysis over technical accounting areas such new lease accounting and stock-based compensation.
- Assist in development and actively managing the process for tracking and accruing the Company’s ongoing clinical trial activity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting.
- 4+ years of related accounting and financial reporting experience, preferably in the biotech industry. Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- Solid personal computer skills, including proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel; working knowledge of Sage Intacct would be helpful.