We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Turning Point Therapeutics as a Research Scientist, Cancer Biology. The successful candidate will validate and develop a deep understanding of the cellular mechanisms for Turning Point Therapeutics’ pipeline kinase inhibitors to identify new clinical opportunities. The role will be highly-integrated with both Translational and Clinical groups to position proprietary molecules for efficient clinical trials.
- The colleague will participate on cross-functional teams to define clinical opportunities for proprietary molecules. Their contribution to these teams will be to characterize the molecular and functional consequences of macrocyclic kinase inhibitors in tumor cells using a suite of experimental approaches to identify cellular contexts that convey drug sensitivity for populations of patients with unmet medical needs.
- Utilize public databases of omics data to create testable clinical hypotheses.
- Ph.D. in cell biology or pharmacology with 3-5 years of additional cancer biology experience.
- Deep knowledge of cancer biology and cellular signaling.
- A deep knowledge of cell culture (2D/3D/organoid) is essential to select clinically-relevant cellular systems for inhibitor and inhibitor combination characterization.
- This independent scientist will be comfortable working in a team environment and is expected to have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in evaluating the effects of small molecule inhibitors in cells and/or characterizing signaling networks in tumor cells.
- Experience with functional genomic evaluation (e.g. qPCR, NanoString, RNA-Seq)
- Experience with CRISPR/CAS9 gene editing methodologies.
- A rudimentary knowledge of computational biology necessary to leverage publicly available ‘omics databases for creating testable hypotheses.
- Strong publication record in top-tier journals.
- Receptor tyrosine kinase signaling experience and a working knowledge of in vivo pharmacology are desirable.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Turning Point Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Turning Point Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Turning Point Therapeutics is an E-Verify employe
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org