The mission of Turning Point Therapeutic’s Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to be the trusted scientific partner in the field for external experts and decision-makers engaging in mutual scientific exchanges to accelerate data dissemination. Turning Point Therapeutic’s Medical Science Liaison team enhances the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products in the therapeutic area and gather new insights by bringing cutting edge scientific exchange today that accelerates medical innovation tomorrow.
The Oncology Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-facing role whose main objective is to be the trusted scientific partner to key external experts by conducting timely, appropriate and frequent scientific exchanges to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products.
The MSL will build long term, peer-to-peer relationships with, key opinion leaders (KOLs), principal investigators (PIs), payers and other stakeholders specializing in oncology treatment and supportive care. The MSL will support Company’s advancing clinical and research programs by delivering clinical, scientific, and technical education to the Oncology community. The MSL is responsible for cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships with influential members of the medical community to promote company, disease state and therapeutic awareness, in addition to serving as an advanced technical, scientific, and medical expert in the oncology community for the assigned region.
- Engage external stakeholders on medical and scientific information in the area of precision oncology/targeted cancer therapies/kinase inhibitors during one-on-one interactions and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge.
- Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in precision oncology to help identify and critically assess research opportunities and to play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting.
- Use h2 knowledge of relevant diseases and disease management protocols, healthcare environment and competitors to articulate the medical and scientific value of our products with external experts.
- Establish robust, long-term peer relationships with KOLs and other stakeholder partners; Actively engage with appropriate stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within regulatory guidelines.
- Effectively utilize a scientific engagement model for attending and establishing a Turning Point presence at relevant scientific congresses and symposia as directed.
- Organize educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested. Support speaker trainings to ensure continued scientific support in the field.
- Critically evaluate key insights from published studies and stakeholder interactions that deepen our understanding of the market needs and opinions of external stakeholders and therefore contribute to enhancement of Turning Point’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
- Maintain awareness of and assess emerging evidence in the precision oncology disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key stakeholders.
- An advanced degree required (Pharm D, PhD or MD) preferred; advanced professional degree (e.g. NP, PA, R.Ph., MA, BSN) considered.
- A minimum of 2 years previous MSL or pharmaceutical industry experience (e.g. Medical Information, Medical Communications, etc.) necessary and/or a minimum of 2 years of clinical or research experience in the area of Oncology h2ly preferred.
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 60% with overnight stays (e.g., KOL meetings, site locations, internal meetings, medical meetings, congresses and training).
- Experience working with payers of formulary committees preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross functional network/matrix.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Turning Point Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Turning Point Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Turning Point Therapeutics is an E-Verify employer.