Turning Point (TP) Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company designing and developing novel small molecule, targeted oncology therapies to address key limitations of existing therapies and improve the lives of patients.
We are located at San Diego area and seeking to hire a Vice President of Cancer Biology to lead cancer biology team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional cancer biology leader with a track record of leadership and innovation in oncology, especially signal transduction in cancer. The candidate will be responsible from conception to clinical development of oncology projects regarding pharmacology evaluation at Turning Point Therapeutics including the translational research in support of the clinical compounds. This position will report to CSO.
- Lead company efforts in cancer biology and translational sciences, including in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, biomarker discovery, IND-enabling studies, and clinical applications.
- Direct, mentor and develop a high-quality and innovative cancer biology team to support the rapid drug discovery programs.
- Oversee internal and external cancer biology activities focused on establishing right assays and methods for screening molecules, establishing mechanism of actions (MOAs) and expanding applications for selected candidates and clinical compounds.
- Initiate the new projects based on clinical unmet medical needs and advanced oncology research.
- Develop research strategies to effectively advance discovery projects and expand clinical application of existing clinical compounds.
- Collaborate with the Medicinal Chemistry and DMPK/Safety groups to move Projects forward for INDs.
- Work as a strong team player with the ability to partner effectively with internal teams, cross-functional experts and external collaborators.
- Manage collaborations with external academic, biotech, and contract research organizations to advance oncology projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to cancer research and anti-cancer drug discovery.
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare the study reports and summaries.
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
- Contribute to key decisions impacting the future of the company in developing and advancing corporate mission and strategic direction.
- D in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related field with 10-15+ years of post-doctoral scientific experience in oncology in either academic, institutional or industrial setting.
- Strong track record of leadership with proven ability to mentor and grow a strong team of scientists.
- Deep scientific knowledge of oncology research, especially in signal transduction pathways including kinases, phosphatase, or ras.
- Drug discovery and development experience in oncology, especially kinase targeted therapy with a track record for INDs and NDAs.
- Strong scientific accomplishment with publications and innovative discoveries (patents) with high impact in the field.
- Experience in writing and authoring IND Pharmacology sections and scientific publications.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics, and metrics-driven implementation plans.
- Extensive cancer research experience, preferably with a strong background in kinase signaling transduction.
- Expertise in various assay developments in small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience in murine tumor models (e.g., CDX, PDX, GEMM or syngeneic), PK/PD and MOA studies in vivo.
- Provide leadership, strategic oversight, resource management, and organizational framework to ensure timely decision making and advance the projects.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
- TP Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. TP Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. TP Therapeutics is an E-Verify employer.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com